KPE's industrial water filters clarify water by removing sediment, turbidity, iron, unpleasant tastes, odors, suspended particles, or unwanted color commonly found in surface ground water.
KPE industrial water filters can be used in a variety of service conditions including municipal, institutional and industrial water filtration applications. With the utilization of the correct pressure tanks, valves and accurate filter media choice KPE's industrial water filters can suit most industrial water filtration requirements. Our industrial water filter equipment can be designed to operate manually, semi- or fully-automatically and require very limited technical knowledge.
KPE Industrial Water Filters can utilize several different types of filter beds:
- Sand: Commonly used in most standard industrial water filtration systems for removal of suspended solids and turbidity.
- Green Sand: Commonly used in industrial water filtration systems for removal dissolved iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide. Greensand filters are generally limited to application where the combined iron and manganese concentration is below 15 ppm.
- Anthracite: Performs nearly identical to a sand bed and used in industrial water filtration equipment where silica pick-up from sand is objectionable.
- In-Depth: These beds are composed of several layers of different media size. In-depth filters allow higher loading rates and longer runs. A sand and anthracite bed is a typical industrial configuration. In-Depth filters will remove sediment down to the 20-30 micron range.
- Multi-Media: Consists of multiple layers of sand, anthracite and garnet. Multi-Media industrial water filters remove sediment down to the 10 micron range.
- Activated Carbon: This water filtration equipment is recommended for the removal of unpleasant tastes and odors, dechlorination, or organic contaminant adsorption. Depending upon the exact application a variety of carbon types can be used